Comme des Garçons: an avant-garde maison
Founded in 1969 by the Japanese fashion designer Rei Kawakubo, Comme des Garçons is distinguished by its avant-garde universe and artistic approach to fashion. An innovative, experimental, unconventional, rebellious, free and totally contemporary brand. In a nutshell, a gamble: with more than 50 years of existence, Comme des Garçons remains one of the most innovative and contemporary maisons, free from the conventional fashion schemes.
Comme des Garçons: creative collaborations
Over the years, Comme des Garçon has collaborated with the most big names in the artisticand musical worlds of the eras it spans. For the Spring Summer 1997 collection, Rei Kawakubo collaborated with the celebrated choreographer Merce Cunningham to present the performance "Scenario". Iconic advertising campaignsfor the brand designed by Rei Kawakubo in collaboration with contemporary artist and performer Cindy Shermann and graphic images by Colier Schorr. The fashion show Fall Winter 2015, "The ceremony of separation" è was shot by photographer Paolo Roversi. In 2017, Rei Kawakubo's unique career is being celebrated at the Museum of Modern Art in New York with the exhibition Rei Kawakubo/Comme des Garçons: Art of the In-Between, a retrospective of 140 designsof clothing ranging from the early 1980s to 2017.
The Comme des Garçons Parfums line
In 1994, Comme des Garçons Parfums was inaugurated, and the nose Mark Buxton launched the maison's first perfume collection. They are all unisex perfumes, characterised by unusual, often woody and spicy, yet understated notes. The first fragrance, CDG Eau de Parfum, made perfume history with its floral and spicy chypre notes. Since the first perfume, the line has been characterised by avant-garde experimentation in the creation of each individual fragrance. It plays with essences of tar, rubber, gunpowder, ink and nail polish. Among the more experimental creations are the perfume Series 6 Synthetic: Garage full of aldehydes and discordant notes that take you back to the mechanic's workshop, to "Andy Warhol's You're In" perfume, inspired by the original citrus scent used by Andy Warhol for his 1967 work.
Discover the bestselling Comme des Garçons
- Blackpepper Eau de Parfum:An electrical collision of molecules: the crash of spicy pepper seedssuspended in the darkness of the night. The hot, dry pepper of Madagascar interpreted through thetransformative gazeof Comme des Garçons. Spice shatters against the fiery cedarwood. The rich, fragrant Patchouli blends with the caramelised resin of Tonka Bean.
- Wonderwood Eau de Parfum:An evocation of exuberance. A positive overdose of woods, woody notes and synthetic wood constructions, with notes of: Madagascar Pepper, Bergamot, Somalian Incense, Nutmeg, Cristalon, Cashmeran, Gaïac Wood, Cedarwood, Carvi graines, Javanol, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Oud (Agarwood).
- Zero Eau de Parfum: A subversive harmony of dichotomies, a rich wood of natural cedarwood, hand-harvested and extracted with hydroelectric power, enlivened by a fresh breeze of bergamot. The raw seduction of Haitian musk and vetiver, equally cultivated, collides with an illusory beauty: an overdose of synthetic rose, a varnish accord. Zero, also meanszero impact: a glass bottle completely recyclable. The bare minimum of printing. Black ink and certified paper. A sought-after balance between maximum sensory power and minimum environmental impact.
- 2 Man Eau de Toilette: A fragrance that celebrates a worker, a man who loves his work. With notes of frankincense, white smoke, saffron blossom, nutmeg, kumquat, fresh and wrinkled mint, vetiver root, mahogany wood, leather.
- Amazingreen Eau de Parfum: A dazzling fusion of organic and mineral, of freshness and depth. Amazingreen Eau de Parfum è an astonishing explosion of green energy, the creation of the green fragrance par excellence. Palm leaves, green pepper, hazelnut. Ivy leaves, Orris roots, Coriander seeds, Silex. Gunpowder accord, Vetiver, Smoke, White Musk.
Comme des Garçons Perfumes Reviews: our customers' reviews
- 2 Eau de Parfum: “Comme des Garçons 2 è a fragrance that plays with complements and contrasts, with reflection and opacity, with light and shadow... with earth and the energy of the sun. An eclectic, particular, delicious perfume” Davide
- Concrete Eau de Parfum: A strange, cold sandal. Futuristic and androgynous. It really has, to my nose, the smell of wet cement after a summer downpour. It is not, however, a challenging fragrance, quite the contrary. It even has a rather sweet and soft undertone that makes it very harmonious. Adriano
- Copper Eau de Parfum: Copper starts off cold, aloof, pungent, vaguely odourless, and very realistically recreates the characteristic odour of freshly polished copper, acidulous and scratchy. It evolves with time becoming sweeter. Not for everyone Giovanna
- Rouge Eau de Parfum: The sweetness of the beetroot è actually mitigated by the scent of earth and grass and, after opening, it comes and goes throughout the day. Subsequently, incense è absolute master with a hint of mint. Sara
Discover Amazingreenand all the other fragrances of this iconic brand. Still undecided and need some help choosing and buying your niche perfume? We are here to help: contact our Customer Service. Explore the best fragrances in our catalogue. Explore the best body products and the best gift ideas for dream hair on 50 ml. We remind you that at 50 ml you can buy online samples of all perfumes. Free samples on request with every order.