Aedes de Venustas Perfumes
The story of Aedes de Venustas began with Robert Gerstner and Karl Bradl, who decided to open a small boutique in New York's West Village in 1995. The shop soon became a reference point for the fashionable and somewhat bohemian community of the neighbourhood thanks to the quality of the luxury products they dealt in, but also to the opulent and baroque taste of their shop. It is no coincidence that 'Aedes de Venustas' means 'Temple of Beauty’, and even today its artistic fragrances evoke the interior of that shop, decorated with violet and burgundy jewel tones, silks and brocades.
Aedes Venustas launches into the world of niche perfumes
After ten years in the industry, something shifted and, in 2005, Aedes created its first room spray in collaboration with L'Artisan Parfumeur, Aedes de Venustas Parfum d'Ambiance, to celebrate their tenth anniversary. Subsequently, other collaborations with great Maisons such as Molinard and Cire Trudon followed, but the turning point was the return of the fragrance developed with L'Artisan Parfumeur, this time, however, in the form of Eau de Parfum: in 2008, Aedes de Venustas Eau de Parfum was produced by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour. Many other fragrances followed over the years, born thanks to the synergy established with many talented perfumers: many even won awards (Iris Nazarena, for example, won the award for "Extraordinary Perfume of the Year" and became a CaFleureBon Modern Masterpiece) leading to the definitive launch of the line in 2012.
The golden age of this extraordinary niche perfume line begins with the relaunch of the brand in 2021. Aedes decided to do full justice to its fragrances, giving them a more decisive identity. The revival begins with the reintroduction of the 7 Aedes classics: Signature (2012), Iris Nazarena (2013), Copal Azur (2014), Palissandre d'Or (2015), Cierge de Lune (2016), Grenadille d'Afrique (2016), and Pelargonium (2017). The design changes to fully reflect the excellence and taste of the brand: now these artistic fragrances are enclosed in a fluted glass bottle with peacock blue details, a matt black cap with the brand's iconic symbol, and an elegant yet solid design, marking the next chapter in the history of Aedes de Venustas. This particular shade of blue refers to the original location of Aedes de Venustas Perfumery on Christopher Street, the birthplace of the brand and much of its philosophy. Today, these fragrances belong to a small elite in the world of artistic perfumery. Their sublime elegance is perfect for those who want a particular perfume, one that will win the attention of experts in the field as well as the more receptive non-connoisseurs. Let us now discover the best-selling perfumes and reviews of Aedes de Venustas.
Aedes de Venustas Best Seller Perfumes on 50 ml
- Aedes de Venustas Iris Nazarena Eau de Parfum: the most precious and oldest aromatic materials come together for a fragrance that propels perfumery into the future by returning to its roots... literally. A sensual perfume in which the rare root of this flower is reborn in a mysterious iris-incense accord that makes this fragrance deeply captivating.
- Aedes de Venustas Cierge de Lune Eau de Parfum: a flowering cactus sets the tone for this raw and glamorous take on the dark side of vanilla. This Fragrance is inspired by the scent of the mysterious night-blooming cactus cereus, also known as Queen of the Night or Cierge de Lune, "candle of the altar of the moon".
- Aedes de Venustas Copal Azur Eau de Parfum: Maya copal incense is the muse of Copal Azur. This thousand-year-old burnt offering to the gods is at the origin of perfumery, and it shows in the way the word 'perfume' itself comes from the Latin for smoke, which translates into 'through smoke'. Copal, whose name means 'incense' in the Nahuatl language, was burnt by the Mayas and Aztecs to 'feed' the gods. Hypnotic, spiritual and powerful, a fragrance of wild transport.
- Aedes de Venustas Signature Eau de Parfum: the first Aedes de Venustas perfume, its signature fragrance, breaks away from traditional perfume structures: there is no trace of the traditional perfume pyramid. Instead, the construction is baroque and futuristic, a round, luxurious and voluptuous work—an improbable architecture, an interplay between freshness and depth that turns into a sensual, fascinating spell.
- Aedes de Venustas Palissandre d'Or Eau de Parfum: a symphony of fine-grained burnished woods that transforms into a sweetly opulent fragrance. In this dazzling fragrance, an ensemble of exclusive ingredients, each with its own story, combine to create a symphony that is at once bright and bold, yet serene and mystical. Palissandre d'Or is a journey into the quintessence of wood.
Aedes de Venustas Perfumes Reviews: Discover Our Customers' Opinions!
- Aedes de Venustas Encens Japonais Eau de Parfum: "I love incense fragrances, so when I found out that Aedes had produced a fragrance called Encens Japonais, by Bertrand Duchaufour to boot, I ran out and bought it. It is a wonderful experience: the freshness juxtaposed and the warm, spicy notes together create a captivating mix. It is sweet, fresh, spicy, and slightly incensed. I love to feel this scent on my skin and I love its elegance and versatility." Alex
- Aedes de Venustas 16a Orchard Eau de Parfum: "Really refined and pleasant, it seems to smell like an expensive cocktail, despite the absence of alcoholic notes. I am not a big fan of the iris, but the way it has been used here is perfect. Very versatile and can be worn all the time, but I think it's especially good for when you want to look sophisticated and classy." Dalila
- Aedes de Venustas Corfu Kumquat Eau de Parfum: "By now for me, the name Aedes de Venustas is a guarantee. I already have three other fragrances from the brand, and now I am collecting them. Every time I wear them, I am complimented or asked the name of my perfume, and I always feel enveloped by this discreet but decisive cloud, which instantly elevates my appearance in the eyes of others. I will definitely keep buying them." Emanuel
- Aedes de Venustas Grenadille d'Afrique Eau de Parfum: "Oh my God, it's so good! If you close your eyes you will feel transported far away, to the vast African savannah. It is made by one of the best perfumers in the business, Alberto Morillas, and even the bottle is beautiful, I feel like I own a little treasure. Thank you for this new masterpiece, Mr Alberto Morillas, and thank you Aedes!" Iris
- Aedes de Venustas Pelargonium Eau de Parfum: "There is something magical about this fragrance, I have never smelt anything like it. It is a balsamic fougère with strong floral notes that strangely seems suitable for all contexts. I hesitated a little because of the price, but after trying it I have to say that it is worth it. I think perfume is subconsciously very important in the way others see us... and I think I've found what I want it to represent me." Alexander
50 ml is the official online retailer of Aedes de Venustas in Italy. Has Aedes de Venustas won you over or do you want to try other niche perfumes? Don't miss the wide selection of artistic fragrances on our website. We would like to remind you that at 50-ml.co.uk you can request free samples with every order you place: just enter your preferences at check-out! 50 ml offers you the chance to buy samples of the best niche perfumes: try them all and find the one that suits you best! And if you want to visit us in person, come to our store in Milan. Aedes de Venustas awaits you in Viale Montenero 16!