In the Sicilian dialect “breath” is translated as “ciatu”. Meaning inextricably linked to the brand: Maison Ciatu is synonymous with Sicily, it's its soul, its breath. Ciatu is the brainchild of Andrea Spatola who, moved by a passion for his land, decided to promote and value the Sicilian cultural heritage through the creation of unique cosmetic products that give life to an exclusive sensory pathway evoking the perfumes, colours, passions, sobriety, excesses and mysteries of Sicily whose beauty is enclosed in the strength of its contrasts. All the luxurious products of the Ciatu brand are entirely handmade by Sicilian artisans using raw materials such as olive oil and thousand-flower honey: natural, organic and produced in Sicily. The refined cosmetic collection of the Ciatu brand is perfumed with natural essences autochthonous Sicilian essences such as orange, lemon, almond and orange blossom; it is not tested on animals and its production is carried out with strict respect for the environment
The Ciatu Products
The dominant ingredient of the Ciatu cosmetics line is olive oil, an Italian treasure trove rich in vitamins A, E and D, which possesses high nourishing, emollient and antioxidant properties. The elegant packaging holding Ciatu products is an expression of high design: a union of sobriety and excess, a mix of design minimalist and maximalist distinguished by simple yet brightly illustrated bottles. Created exclusively for Ciatu by Sicilian artists, these images depict with acute originality archaeological finds and works of art belonging to the Sicilian cultural heritage. The illustrations are flanked by accurate captions that retrace their history so that everyone can know, through Ciatu, the magnificence of these works left as gifts by the numerous peoples who dominated the island (Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Normans, Spaniards) and the greatness of Sicily, thus becoming its “sacred guardians“.
Ciatu Best Seller Perfumes on 50 ml
- Ciatu Taormina Eau de Parfum: a unisex citrus fragrance available as both Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum. It’s the brand's first fragrance and emblem with its well-balanced fusion of bitter citrus, green-aromatic accords and white flowers against a woody background with nuances of animal and plant musk embodying the lush Sicilian vegetation.
- Ciatu Taormina Diffuser: the first fragrance launched by Ciatu, which debuted in 2014 and is the emblem of the brand with its well-balanced fusion of bitter citrus, green-aromatic accords and white flowers on a woody background with nuances of animal and vegetable musk embodying the lush Sicilian vegetation. Now available in an elegant room diffuser.
- Ciatu Zagara Body Oil: a moisturising oil for the whole body. The main element is sweet almond oil enriched with vitamin E, which has an intense emollient, nourishing, elasticising and soothing action. The presence of fatty acids enables even the driest and driest skin to be thoroughly moisturised. The elasticising action helps prevent stretch marks and the soothing action mitigates redness and irritation, furthermore the presence of vitamin E gives the oil a high antioxidant activity, contrasting the reactivity of free radicals responsible for skin ageing. Leaves the skin soft and perfectly moisturised.
- Ciatu Body Cream: a moisturising cream for the whole body. The cream derives specific benefits from the skilful use of olive oil, the latter being rich in vitamins A, E and D and possessing a high nourishing, emollient and antioxidant power. Excellent against stains and free radicals. A complementary ingredient to the oil is wildflower honey: honey, one of the purest and most natural compounds, has moisturising, emollient, regenerating and antioxidant properties due to the presence of substances capable of blocking the triggering of the processes underlying skin ageing.
- Ciatu Almond Shower Gel: a cleansing gel for the whole body whose special formulation with olive oil makes it particularly rich in vitamins A, E and D. The formulation of the gel also possesses a high nourishing, emollient and antioxidant power, making it a powerful ally against spots and free radicals. The action of the olive oil enriched with a pleasant almond fragrance leaves the skin soft, clean and perfectly moisturised.
Ciatu Products and Perfumes Reviews: Discover Our Customers' Reviews!
- Ciatu Akragas Parfum: “A powerful, complex perfume composed of many different notes that come together like a choir to create a splendid and mysterious symphony. Wearing this perfume makes me see myself standing in front of offerings presented to the gods in ancient temples, a mix of the most precious and highest quality ingredients presented on altars. The incense of sacred places mingles with the scent of spices and precious woods, of alcohol and herbs, a fragrance that relaxes almost to the point of dizziness, that envelops uniquely. Stunning.” Edward
- Ciatu Ortigia Eau de Parfum: “A citrus grove bottled in a work of art. I had already tried this perfume some time ago, although instead of as “Ciatu Ortigia Eau de Parfum” I knew it as “Ciatu Ortiughia Eau de Parfum” I think that is the English name. The fragrance is really nice, very fresh and bright, but what really impressed me was the design. I don't usually appreciate prints on perfumes, but I have to say that the Ortigia perfume has a particular style, an eclectic elegance that easily makes up for the non-conformism to the extreme minimalism that has hit the perfume industry in recent years. The most beautiful part is the cap, which I am sure I will keep as a paperweight." Aslan
- Ciatu Catania Diffuser: “Discreet enough to blend into all environments, but endowed with a personal character thanks to the decoration that recalls Sicilian tradition. I placed it at the entrance to my studio and it works perfectly, leaving the room fragrant without that somewhat cheap aftertaste of cheap diffusers, and it has a leathery fragrance that is perfect for the elegant and somewhat industrial style of the room. Highly recommended" Marc
- Ciatu Almond Body Oil: "I always buy the almond body oil because I find it leaves my skin really soft and regenerated. As well as buying it again for myself I think I will also use it as a gift idea!" Mara
- Ciatu Lemon Liquid Soap: "This is the third time I have bought it again! I have very delicate skin and my hands crack easily. this soap is really perfect for me, besides leaving my skin soft and fragrant since I started using it together with the oil from the same line, my hands feel like those of another person. I notice less redness, cracking and peeling. After washing my hands I just dry them and then apply a small drop of oil directly on the damp skin, massaging it in. It's as if it creates a protective barrier on the skin." Erika
50 ml is official online retailer Ciatu. Has Ciatu won you over or do you want to try other products? Don't miss the wide selection of niche perfumes on our online perfumery site. We would like to remind you that at 50 ml you can request free samples with every order you place: just enter your preference when checking out! 50 ml offers the possibility to buy samples of the best niche perfume brands: try them all and find the one that suits you best!