Carthusia Perfumes of Capri
Carthusia is a brand of fragrances and other personal and home care products born on the splendid island of Capri. The entire line features the colours, smells and names of this marvellous land. Carthusia products, from fragrances and room perfumers to soaps and body and hand creams, are enriched with natural extracts of the highest quality. Discover the history and the world of Carthusia.
Carthusia Fragrances: The History
The history of Carthusia began in 1948 when the story goes that a local prior found some old perfume formulas inside the Certosa and decided, under licence from the Pope, to reveal them to a Piedmontese chemist: he created the smallest fragrance laboratory in the world, naming it “Carthusia” (Certosa). From that small and precious testament of “recipes” and ancient knowledge was thus born Carthusia, which today has given life to a vast range of fragrances, and unique olfactory accords that embody the soul of Capri perfumes. Every day Carthusia seeks to trap the unique emotion that only the island of Capri can give, the one that makes the heartbeat, and the stomach vibrate and horizons open, through the rich aromas of this land. Each Carthusia fragrance evokes the paradisiacal setting of Capri with its breathtaking views, white houses scattered in the flourishing vegetation dotted with bougainvillaea, roses and cyclamens, the blue sky as a backdrop and the immense blue overwhelming.
Finally, there is a really interesting legend about this Made in Italy brand: in 1380, before the Certosa di San Giacomo, taken aback by the news that Queen Giovanna d'Angiò had come to Capri, prepared a collection of the island's most beautiful flowers. Those flowers remained in the same water for three days and when it was time to throw them out, the prior realised that the water had acquired a fragrance that was mysterious to him. He turned, therefore, to a brother erudite in alchemy, who identified the origin of that perfume in the "Garofilium silvestre caprese". That water was Capri's first perfume.
Carthusia fragrances are born from the abundance of Capri nature: lemons, mandarins, orange blossom, bergamot, cyclamen, jasmine, lily, fruity notes and many other scents. The perfume Via Camerelle Eau de Parfum is undoubtedly one of the brand's most sought-after fragrances, thanks to its intense, citrusy composition that brings to mind the sea breeze and the essence of the flowers that surround one of the most famous streets on the island of Capri. Via Camerelle EDP takes the mind on a trip down the most surprising street on the island, where every tourist gets lost admiring the splendid shop windows of the most prestigious brands, luxury hotels and villas embellished with precious coloured majolica. Fiori di Capri Eau de Parfum, on the other hand, tells of another facet of the Carthusia universe, taking us back to the marvels of this island: the sun, the crystal-clear sky, the essence of flowers and the freshness of citrus fruits are concentrated in this Eau de parfum with a noble and delicate soul. The perfume Tuberosa EDP by Carthusia features the noble and charismatic flower of the same name in a creamy and enveloping interpretation. The sunny carnality of Ylang-Ylang surrounds it, before making it vibrate with Elemi and Cinnamon, and tinged with Plum. In the wake, deep, material notes of Vetiver, Vanilla, Ambroxan and Musk. If you love Carthusia perfumes, you can't miss one of the line's best sellers: A’mmare Eau de Parfum is a luminous and aromatic fragrance, evoking that carefree summer lightness that only the crystalline horizon of the sea and the taste of salt can evoke. Among Carthusia's best-selling perfumes, A’mmare is certainly one of the most popular with our customers. Explore our website to discover all the Carthusia fragrances: e.g. Uomo EDP, Terra Mia EDP, Io Capri EDP, Capri EDP, Forget Me Not EDP, etc. Are you curious to try them all? We remind you that at 50 ml you can buy Carthusia samples: try out all the fragrances before choosing the one that suits you best!
Carthusia has used its centuries-old knowledge to develop a unique perfume culture. Over the years it has refined its olfactory education, perfected and structured its understanding of essences to offer those who choose its perfumes and products the most intense and purest emotions that the senses can grasp. Today, as then, all stages of production are carried out by hand to ensure strict adherence to natural methods and the precious care of craftsmanship.
All the products in the Carthusia Line
The Carthusia brand no longer offers only perfumes: within the line, you will find a host of products for body care and home care, infused with the brand's finest fragrances. Some examples of what you might find? Soaps, hand sanitisers, aftershaves, room sprays, sun creams, body and hand creams, and shower baths. The body care products are particularly suitable for layering, i.e. overlapping the same or different fragrances to intensify the duration and persistence of your favourite Carthusia perfume.
A scented room is always more welcoming: Carthusia diffusers come in best-selling fragrances such as Mediterraneo Diffuser, Fiori di Capri Diffuser or Via Camerelle, also available in the practical 500 ml Refill format. Carthusia's room diffusers are among the best-selling products of the line and will allow you to bring the scent of Capri directly into your home, for a touch of refined marine elegance. Carthusia Ambiance products also include a wide choice of Room Sprays and Candles, available in all the most popular Carthusia fragrances.
Care for your body with Carthusia
The Island of Capri product line offers you a wide choice of body care products: shower baths, hand and body soaps, lip balms, hand sanitisers (infused with the finest Carthusia fragrances), men's products, hand creams and a very interesting line of Sunscreens and Skincare: enter the world of Carthusia and take care of your skin!
Carthusia Best Seller Perfumes on 50 ml
- Carthusia A'mmare EDP: a luminous and aromatic fragrance reminiscent of the lightness of a delicate summer romance. Bright, sunny bergamot meets rosemary. Aromatic, at times pungent. Salt, turned into crystal, remains on the skin. Clear, unmistakable. A plunge refreshes, and leaves room for the new that advances. Mint leaves, tender softness, green. Hidden energy. Cedarwood and Guaiac wood envelop and protect patchouli and musk, like gifts arriving from afar. The magic of the tale is fulfilled, all around.
- Carthusia Mediterraneo Diffuser: an innovative diffuser of perfumed essences that allows you to feel in tune with yourself and with all the environments of the home, which becomes more intimate and personal. Dedicated to the cradle of the great civilisations of Europe, Africa and Asia, Mediterraneo is a sunny, expansive and original fragrance that harmonises the classic, clean freshness of lemon leaves with the youthful, sparkling notes of green tea.
- Carthusia Mediterraneo Hand Sanitizer: a hand cleansing gel. Made with 70% alcohol and the best-selling fragrance Carthusia Mediterraneo.
- Carthusia Fiori di Capri Diffuser: The Mediterranean notes of wild carnation, lily of the valley and oak meet with the exotic aroma of amber, sandalwood and ylang-ylang in a fascinating and joyful, unforgettable mélange. A breath of elegance and radiance, for a fragrance that is precious and "different" from the masses.
- Carthusia A'mmare Roll-On 10 ml: On a blue horizon, bergamot, sunny and luminous, meets rosemary, aromatic and slightly pungent. Salt crystallises on the skin, a refreshing dip gives way to novelty. Mint leaves and its tender green softness and a hidden energy all around. Now the vision is complete, the horizon complete. Cedarwood and Guaiacum, a precious forest, protect Patchouly and Musk, gifts arriving from distant lands. The magic of the tale is complete, all around.
Carthusia Perfumes Reviews: Discover Our Customers' Opinions!
- Carthusia Fiori di Capri Hand Cream: “I finally found the hand cream of my dreams! Fiori di Capri is exceptional: it absorbs quickly and leaves my hands incredibly smooth and fragrant. I have tried many, but this one you can tell from afar that this is of the highest quality; Coraline
- Carthusia Hydra Eye Treatment: “I was surprised by the results. The area around my eyes was often dry and tired, but after a couple of weeks, I noticed a significant improvement. Fine lines seem less noticeable and the skin is visibly brighter. Sorry, I can't upload before/after photos, is impressive! ” Brigida
- Carthusia Wrinkle Prevention Night Face Cream: “This Carthusia Face Night Cream is a real panacea for my skin. I have been using it regularly for several weeks now and have noticed that fine lines have become less noticeable. I feel like I'm investing in the future of my skin every time I put it on! ” Giada
- Carthusia Mediterraneo Diffuser: “As soon as it is opened, the fragrance fills the room with lively, marine notes, creating a welcoming and relaxing atmosphere. The fragrance lasts surprisingly long and even after several weeks, my space still smells of days spent exploring the Italian coastline. It is a simple and elegant way to transform the mood of any room. I love it! ” Barbara
- Carthusia Mediterraneo Crema Mani: “Being a fan of Carthusia's Mediterranean fragrance, I couldn't resist trying their Hand Cream too…and I did just fine! is perfect to keep on your desk or in your handbag for a mini relaxing moment during the day. In addition to the fantastic scent, I can also enjoy soft soft skin! ” Elisabetta
50 ml is an official online retailer of Carthusia products: Browse our extensive catalogue and use the filters available on the site to find the one that suits you best! Wondering where to buy Carthusia in Milan? Come and visit us at the boutique in Viale Monte Nero 16: Our team will guide you in the discovery of the best perfumes. We remind you that on 50 ml you can buy samples of the best niche perfumes: try all the fragrances you want at the best price! Free samples on request with every order.